The fast-growing international producer of high quality and sophisticated carton packaging primarily within the food industry, located in Pennsylvania, is looking for a coworker in the team for a position of
In this role you will create the Bill of Materials, manufacturing instructions, and production sequences according to customer specifications and product estimates. This person will learn every aspect of the packaging industry regarding offset print manufacturing, die cutting, thermoforming, sleeve application and gluing.
Job type: Full-time, day shift.
- Works closely with commercial customer service in terms of priorities
- Gathers additional information from customers or internal departments as needed
- Will be the key contact between sales and our manufacturing departments
- Will learn about base materials (cardstocks) utilized in production of our products
- Will learn about die cutting and gluing processes which are utilized in our customer base
- Will learn about custom printing, color management, CMYK printing, Pantone colors, and varnishes used in the printing process
- Enters information into our Dynamics system and generates all work orders
- Collaborates internally with our Planning, Purchasing, Logistics & Artwork Department (Studio), Manufacturing to ensure orders flow through the system properly
- Will create job jackets for the all incoming orders and repeat orders requiring revisions
- Will communicate with our other manufacturing facilities in Europe in terms of artwork, customer habits, pricing & other pieces of information
- Takes information on new projects and quarterbacks the activities which will take place in trying to provide solutions and capture new business
- Communicates pricing inquiries with management to secure quotation information for customers
- Works with raw material suppliers to improve one’s personal knowledge of new materials and manufacturing options
- Works with tool manufacturer and orders tooling according to signed off and approved structural design
- Works with Excel, Powerpoint and other software tools
- Experience in the printed folding carton industry with some knowledge of structural design is preferred
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Cardbox Packaging is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Cardbox Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Contact us for more information!